Our agency is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your "Personal Financial Information" such as total debt, income, living expenses, and personal information concerning your financial circumstances will be provided only to creditors and others with your specific written authorization.
We also use aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating services, gathering valuable research information used in designing future programs but your anonymity will be maintained through the use of your account number for totaling data in all circumstances.
The following privacy practices detail circumstances under which we will release your information to third parties:
1. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers, except as permitted by law.
2. We may compile data and aggregate information that you give to us, but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way.
3. We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described below, to creditors, or third parties that you have authorized who need this information in order for us to assist you after a counseling session and the establishment of a debt management program if applicable.
4. We restrict access to nonpublic information* about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
5. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
6. We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
*nonpublic information is information not readily available to the general public such as the phonebook.